Sunday, April 8, 2012

Native Azalea Lean to the Light

I first spotted the native azalea bush in the front yard by accident on an overcast day in the late afternoon. It's tucked under a palm tree that is tucked under a tall pine. I recognized the blossoms and the sweet scent after photographing Georgia Southern Botanical Garden's native azalea collection that I shared in 
this gallery on its Facebook site. I've been putting in my 50 volunteer hours at the Garden, a requirement
to earn my Master Gardener certification through the University of Georgia Cooperative Extension that I started in late January. One more class and a final exam to go!

Yellow and white stripped blossoms look muted in the shade on March 19.
Yellow-orange blossoms on the same tree glow in the late afternoon sunlight on March 20, the first day of spring. 
Happy Vernal Equinox!

1 comment: